I have some easy steps to install WordPress on a VPS. There are some bloggers want to transfer their blog shared hosting to VPS servers because of their raw power and affordability. VPS gives us full root access and easy manage it. Here is the easy way to install WordPress on a VPS.
- A VPS with at least 512MB RAM
- VPS should be installed with Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 / Debian 6 or 7
Steps To Install WordPress On a VPS:
1. Login to your server as root using Putty.
2. Enter the below code on Putty to Remove Apache from the Ubuntu service
apache2 stop apt-get remove apache2
3. Install the EasyEngine using the codes below
wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee && sudo bash ee
4. EasyEngine will take 2-3 minutes to install the files so wait for some time.
5. After Installed, EasyEngine Enter the code below for install WordPress
ee site create yourdomain.com --w3tc
6. Now your WordPress website login details will be shown in the Putty Window.Just copy that.
Now you are done your WordPress blog ready to use. To manage your blog go this link yourdomain.com/wp-admin and enter your login details. One think if your WordPress blog was not working then open your VPS by the WinSCP and go to this folder /var/www/html/ and delete the index.php file.