I have been using Cloud Hosting or VPS services from Digital Ocean since last 2 months. Before using cloud hosting I used shared hosting. The reason for leaving shared hosting because I have experienced a very slow and even server down problem on Shared Hosting. So I moved my blog from shared hosting to Digital Ocean One of the best cloud hosting.
Actually, I thought of using dedicated host at the beginning. but it is costly. Shared hosting is not only cheap but also its quality is cheap. According to the cost of VPS, its quality is better than shared hosting. So I prefer using VPS.
So In this post, I want to share a little tutorial on how to install WordPress on Digital Ocean special for my friend who might be interested also I am using cloud hosting services from Digital ocean.
What is the Digital Ocean?
Before I proceed to the tutorial how to install WordPress, it helps us find out first what is your Digital Ocean and more importantly what is Cloud Hosting.
The first thing you need to know,Digital Ocean is a different hosting service with hosting services in general. Digital Ocean is not the same as HostGator, Hawkhost, Bluehost, and others. Digital Ocean is Cloud Hosting services. Or perhaps more precisely Cloud VPS Hosting .
If according to some articles I read on the internet, cloud hosting was almost like VPS, both use technology Virtualization . Just how it works is not the same.
How to Install WordPress On Digital Ocean?
Things that are needed:
- Computer or laptop
- Digital Ocean account ( How To Get Free $25 DigitalOcean Coupon Code? )
- PuTTY to access the server software ( download here )
1. Login your account or create a new account on digitalOcean, then click ” Create Droplet ” (droplet mean VPS)
2. In the Hostname enter just the domain name or the name of your blog. And on the Select Size choose $ 10 or any (for the experiment you can select $ 5 first).
3. On the Select Region , select a location closest to the target visitors of your blog or you can select any:
4. In the Select Image , click the Applications tab and select WordPress on 14:04.
5. click on “Create Droplet ” at the bottom. It will take 30 seconds to create VPS.When the process is complete
6. When the process is complete,you will receive root login details, you can change VPS password by the putty. In the email, you can see an IP address Like (220.127.116.11), Just copy the IP and paste it in your browser URL bar and hit enter. On the page, you can see WordPress installing and setup page open.There, you need to enter your site title,username name, password, email. and click initialising WordPresss.
7. After WordPress installed, your WordPress blog will ready.
How to connect a domain name to Digital Ocean?
Now you need to connect your domain name to digital ocean otherwise, the blog can only access the IP address. Therefore you need to connect the domain name to Digital Ocean.
1. Go to domain Control Panel, add custom nameserver or add new digital ocean NS :
2. Next, You need to add your domain name on Digital Ocean. Go to your DigitalOcean account, select Add a Domain.
3. Add DigitalOcean domain servers as shown in the following picture.
Done! Type your domain in the URL address of a web browser to check.That’s a full tutorial simple way to install WordPress in Digital Ocean.If you have any problem or question then comment here to discuss.